Welcome to First Baptist Greensburg! Whether you’re looking for more information about God, new to the church, or just looking for a new place to worship and serve, we invite you to join us as we seek to passionately follow Jesus, and glorify God in all we do.
Who We Are:
First Baptist Church Greensburg was established in 1841. Today we consist of a wide range of people and backgrounds, covering all ages, serving Christ in the community of Greensburg, IN.
Cliff Bunch, Senior Pastor
He graduated from Bluefield College in Virginia with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1982. In 1990 he graduated from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky with a Master of Divinity degree. He was ordained in 1992. For his pastorate ministry, Cliff draws from a variety of work experience which includes:retail management, sales clerk and cashier positions, restaurant work, and farm labor. Since 1992 Cliff has served as Pastor of three churches.He is married to Mindy and is the father of two- Gabriel and Sara.
Greg Redd, Pastor of Family, Youth and Children
He has been an active part of the Greensburg community for many years. He served 8 ½ years as Reserve Deputy for the Decatur County Sheriff’s Department, has served the Decatur County United Fund as a board member, and has previously coached at Decatur County YMCA, Greensburg Youth Baseball, and Greensburg Elementary Basketball. Greg has recently been hired on the coaching staff as the 7th grade boys’ basketball coach.
Greg believes that God can do anything through His Children, and it doesn’t matter at what stage they are at along this journey we call life!! He married his wife Lynn (Gross), June 1992. They have a son, Blane.
What we believe:
- We believe in only one true and living God and that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are equal in wisdom, power, and glory.
- We believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be of the divine authority and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in the total depravity of human nature and that a recovery from that situation is wholly and entirely of the sovereign, free and unmerited grace of God in Christ Jesus.
- We belive that God purposed for Himself for His glory to make a display of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness and truth in the works of His creation which He had made in the dispensation of His providence.
- We believe that God from all eternity purposed to save a people from their sins for His holy name’s sake; and that in the infinite wisdom He has devised the plan and appointed every means necessary to accomplish the great end of their redemption which He effects in His own time by the operation of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that sinners are justified before God alone by the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all such as are born of the Spirit of God are kept by the Spirit of God through faith unto eternal salvation.
- We believe that good works are the effects of the faith of God’s elect and follow being born of the Spirit of God, and in this point of view are evidences of a gracious state.
- We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances of the gospel instituted by Jesus Christ, and that none but those who profess faith in Christ and obedience to His will are fit subjects for either.
- We believe immersion according to the scriptures and apostolic practice to be the only proper mode of baptism.
- We believe that the sanctity of the first day of the week, of the Lord’s Day, ought to be observed and spent in the public or private worship of God, and that we should abstain from our worldly concerns except in cases of necessity and mercy.
- We believe in the resurrection of the body of the just and the unjust and that God will judge the world in righteousness by that One He has ordained.
- We believe that the righteous will forever abide in the peaceful presence of God their Redeemer, and that His pardoning grace and forgiving love shall be the theme of their song while the wicked shall remain in everlasting torment.