Welcome to First Baptist Greensburg! Whether you’re looking for more information about God, new to the church, or just looking for a new place to worship and serve, we invite you to join us as we seek to passionately follow Jesus, and glorify God in all we do.
Who We Are:
First Baptist Church Greensburg was established in 1841. Today we consist of a wide range of people and backgrounds, covering all ages, serving Christ in the community of Greensburg, IN.
Cliff Bunch, Senior Pastor
“As a Pastor, my favorite thing is helping people grow in their walk with the Lord Jesus Christ! I love being a part of that, whether that is through Bible study and preaching, or leading a person to accept Jesus Christ, or participating in one’s baptism, or helping church leaders, or just walking through life with others who are also following Jesus.”
Pastor Cliff Bunch was raised in a Baptist Church in Virginia and accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior at age seven. He felt God calling him into ministry at a young age, and continued to sense God leading him in that path as a teenager and on into adult life.
He graduated from Bluefield College in Virginia with a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1982. In 1990 he graduated from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky with a Master of Divinity degree. He was ordained in 1992. For his pastorate ministry, Cliff draws from a variety of work experience which includes:retail management, sales clerk and cashier positions, restaurant work, and farm labor. Since 1992 Cliff has served as Pastor of three churches.He is married to Mindy, an elementary school Teacher, and is the father of two- Gabriel and Sara.
David Thompson, Associate Pastor
“I would love to meet with you and assist with any personal or family needs – knowing that you have a listening ear. Maybe you are looking for a church family or opportunity to share your gifts and talents. It is my intent that any visitor, stranger or member who enters the doors will find the warmth, the love and mercy that Christ Himself would extend in person.”
Pastor Dave is a graduate of Judson University with a degree in elementary education and a M.Div. from Northern Baptist Seminary with a concentration in Pastoral Care and Counseling. David is married to Kyle, a college professor and gifted musician. They are the proud parents of Elizabeth Jones (married to Jeff) and doting grandparents to Eliana Hope and Judah David Jones.
David has served as a Youth and Associate Pastor in 3 churches over the past 33 years. He enjoys spending time with family, a wide variety of music and sports, hiking, history, politics, pizza and pastries – to name a few.
Pastor Dave brings a breadth of ministry expertise and experience to the life of our church and community. He has a natural affinity for all people which is evident the first time you meet. His heart’s desire is that all people experience a deep and intimate relationship with Christ while fully realizing their infinite worth and value in Him.
What we believe:
- We believe in only one true and living God and that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are equal in wisdom, power, and glory.
- We believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be of the divine authority and the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in the total depravity of human nature and that a recovery from that situation is wholly and entirely of the sovereign, free and unmerited grace of God in Christ Jesus.
- We belive that God purposed for Himself for His glory to make a display of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness and truth in the works of His creation which He had made in the dispensation of His providence.
- We believe that God from all eternity purposed to save a people from their sins for His holy name’s sake; and that in the infinite wisdom He has devised the plan and appointed every means necessary to accomplish the great end of their redemption which He effects in His own time by the operation of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that sinners are justified before God alone by the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all such as are born of the Spirit of God are kept by the Spirit of God through faith unto eternal salvation.
- We believe that good works are the effects of the faith of God’s elect and follow being born of the Spirit of God, and in this point of view are evidences of a gracious state.
- We believe that baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances of the gospel instituted by Jesus Christ, and that none but those who profess faith in Christ and obedience to His will are fit subjects for either.
- We believe immersion according to the scriptures and apostolic practice to be the only proper mode of baptism.
- We believe that the sanctity of the first day of the week, of the Lord’s Day, ought to be observed and spent in the public or private worship of God, and that we should abstain from our worldly concerns except in cases of necessity and mercy.
- We believe in the resurrection of the body of the just and the unjust and that God will judge the world in righteousness by that One He has ordained.
- We believe that the righteous will forever abide in the peaceful presence of God their Redeemer, and that His pardoning grace and forgiving love shall be the theme of their song while the wicked shall remain in everlasting torment.